Paternity & Timesharing

Untitled design (3).png

Broward County  and Miami-Dade County

Child Custody Attorney

Do you need to establish your parental rights? 

Have you experienced parental alienation?

Do you want to be involved in making major life decisions for your child? 

Our Firm wants to help you get results!

In the state of Florida, the mother of a child born out of wedlock is the natural guardian of the child.  This is true even if the biological father's name is listed on the child’s birth certificate.  Having the father’s name on the birth certificate only creates a presumption of paternity, but it does not establish parental rights. 

What does this mean for a biological father’s rights?

It means that the biological father must take additional steps for paternity to be established by a court of law before that father is able to share the joys of child-rearing, exercise parenting time, and making major decisions for the child.  To obtain these rights, a Petition to Establish Paternity and for Related Relief must be filed with the court in a paternity action.  Through that paternity action, child support obligations will also be established, if they have not been established otherwise.

The Michael Law Firm, P.A. provides competent, knowledgeable, and assertive representation for dedicated parents who find themselves in need of establishing paternity, time-sharing plans, or child support obligations.


Contact us to protect your rights!