Children - Paternity - Timesharing

Seeking to establish your parental rights? Interested in creating a time-sharing plan for your minor child?  Looking to be involved in making major life decisions for your child?  Our firm can help.

In the state of Florida, the mother of a child born out of wedlock is the natural guardian of the child.  This is true even if the biological father's name is listed on the child’s birth certificate.  Having the father’s name on the birth certificate only creates a presumption of paternity, but it does not establish parental rights.  What does this mean for a biological father’s rights? It means that the biological father must take additional steps for paternity to be established by a court before that father is able to share the joys of child-rearing, exercise parenting time, and making decisions that affect the minor child.  To obtain these rights, a Petition to Establish Paternity and for Related Relief must be filed with the Court.  Through a paternity action, child support obligations will also be established.

Our office provides competent, knowledgeable, and assertive representation for mothers and fathers who find themselves in need of establishing paternity, time-sharing plans, or child support obligations.


Contact the Michael Law Firm, P.A. TODAY to schedule a consultation.

Time sharing.png
Untitled design (2).png